4 Modifications That Are Not Allowed in the U.S. (Part 1)
Modifications may give you so much fun and excitement but know that there are hazards and possible legal problems.
When we say car modification this means changing how it looks, its performance and increase its lifespan. There are 3 kinds of car modifications: Functional, Aesthetic, and Performance modification.
- Add particular features to your car. Perhaps, want to improve the air conditioning, put a car phone holder, or a navigation system.
- Helps your car to look finer and different.
- Whether it be an internal or external mods, it is added to make your vehicle look awesome. Let us take the example of a particular body kit, which could give more steadiness.
- This is implemented to guarantee utmost performances of your vehicle.
- We are talking about exhaust system, engine, brakes, air filters, tires, suspensions are some modifications that you could start for a much better performance.
- Remember, there are a lot of performance mods that can cause the warranty of your engine void, and the changes may likewise be unlawful.
To guide you, here are the mods that are not allowed in the U.S.
Each state in the U.S. has their own limits in lifting a vehicle. Some states regulates the inches of lifting. Examples for this is Indiana who asserts that bumpers cannot be raised over 3 inches. On the other hand, Florida and Ohio permits 22 inches max for cars and 26 inches for trucks.
Dark tints helps to avoid a particular degree of light to come through the window. The lower the Visible Light Transmission or VLT percentage, the more obscure the tint will look. There are people who after purchasing a vehicle would immediately add darker tints. To be sure, check what is allowable in your state before you install a darker shade.
License Plate Covers
In the state of Illinois, any kind of frames or coverings that hinder the view of the license plate is not lawful. As the driver of the vehicle, you need to pay the fine of $750 to $1,000, and you need to take it off. Officials say that this is their security measure in ensuring the safety of our country.
Noisy Music System
Think of the danger that a noisy roaring music system can do. The person driving might not be able to hear the impending danger because of a blasting music.
Other drivers may not notice and hear alerts and honks because you are busy with your music. This could result to accidents and is not allowed in the U.S. Having a loud and noisy music system could be an annoyance to other drivers and is considered an audio assault.
That’s it for now, and I will be back to give you 10 more modifications in the second part.
If you cannot figure out what is wrong with your car, go to Chaney’s Collision Center. I have some great news to share because Chaney’s Collision Center offers WINDOW TINTING. Chaney’s Collision Center strictly adheres to the standards set by the state, and Chaney’s Collision Center‘s Window Tinting comes with a Lifetime Warranty and an Excellent UV Protection from the hot Arizona Sun. To know more, contact (623)915-2886 or (623)248-8119.